Thursday, January 21, 2010

Apache releases Tomcat 6.0.24

After weeks of discussions, testing, bumping up release numbers, Apache Software Foundation has finally released latest release of Tomcat 6.0.

Tomcat 6.0.24 has several important bug fixes, but the one that I am most excited about is the fixes made to stop memory leaks in applications, when they are using shared libraries ( for ex: JDBC drivers ).

Anyone running Tomcat 6.0 in production should upgrade to Tomcat 6.0.24 immediately. My colleague Jason wrote a detailed blog post here: http://blogs.mulesoft.org/apache-releases-tomcat-6-0-2/

Ofcourse, to get enterprise features, you really should be running Tcat Server, which is vanilla Tomcat server. Download it here: http://www.mulesoft.com/download-tcat-server-enterprise-tomcat

Disclaimer: I am the product manager for Tcat Server, so its my baby and yes, I am biased, but hundreds of others told me that we built a solid product in Tcat Server and they are running their apps on it.

No comments: